Here’s a tasty way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this year: Corned beef, potatoes, spinach and melted white cheddar cheese all wrapped up in a crescent braid. Aren’t you glad I shared this with you?
- 2 cans Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 6 ounces sliced corned beef
- 1 cup chopped cooked spinach
- 2 large red potatoes, boiled, cooled and sliced
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water)
- Caraway seeds, for sprinkling (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or spray with cooking spray.
2. Unroll dough sheets onto prepared baking sheet. Place sheets side-by-side lengthwise and press into one large rectangle, pinching seam together with fingers.
3. Place corned beef in center of dough in a 8-inch wide strip. Top with spinach, then potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Using a knife or kitchen scissors cut 1-inch wide strips on long sides of dough (cut the same number of strips on each side) to within a 1/2-inch of the filling. Fold in short sides, then alternately cross strips over the filling to make a braid effect.
5. Brush braid with egg wash, then sprinkle with caraway seeds, if desired. Bake 25 minutes or until a deep golden brown; let cool 5 minutes before slicing.