DIY flameless paper lanterns
Looking for a fun new craft to share with your kids?! How about making these awesome Paper Lanterns, they’ll love brightening up the back yard with these beautiful lights or can bring them indoors and play pretend.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 8.5 x 11 paper (the thicker the better)
- double sided tape or stapler
- flameless candle
- Begin by trimming a 1 inch piece off of your 8.5 x 11 piece of paper. This will later become the handle. You can trim the width or length, depending on your height preference of the finished project.
- Fold you paper in half, then starting from the folded edge cut 1 inch slits, leaving a 1 inch margin at the top. If you’re doing this with little ones you can mark the the lines that need to be cut to make it easier.
- Now open your paper and roll into a tube. This is where you will need your stapler or double-sided tape to keep the ends together. I used heavy duty double sided tape and overlapped the ends.
- To finish the lantern attach the handle to the top with a stapler or double sided tape.
These are great to hang on a piece of twine to illuminate the backyard!